Here we teach you How to clear Google Drive cache on windows, mac and android. These days, there are several ways to store data on the cloud, but Google Drive was the most widely used choice. For storing and distributing essential information, Google Drive has always been a fantastic cloud tool.
Once a file is saved to Google Drive, it is accessible from several devices. Your Google account, which is connected to Google Drive, must be used to log in.
Despite having a tonne of features, Google Drive frequently has issues with users. Cache difficulties are one of the most noticeable issues that Google Drive customers frequently experience. The performance concerns with the cloud storage app are actually caused by cache building.
The app experiences a variety of problems, including app crashes, speed issues, new files not showing up, files not uploading, etc., when its cache files build up. Continue reading the guide if you are having issues with Google Drive on your computer.
How to Clear Google Drive Cache On Windows, Mac and Android
It’s simple to resolve the Google Drive cache problem. To clear the Google Drive cache, you don’t even need to use any other programmes. To delete the Google Drive cache on windows, mac and android, follow the easy instructions below. Let’s get going.
How to Clear Google Drive Cache on Windows?
For a variety of reasons, you might want to erase the Google Drive cache on Windows. Perhaps you need to free up storage space or are having performance problems. Whatever it may be, by using our given instructions, you may quickly delete the Google Drive Cache on Windows.
- Hit the Windows Key + R key combination. The RUN dialogue box will appear as a result.
- Paste the following code into the RUN dialogue box, then click OK.
- By doing so, the folder containing Google Drive’s cache files will be opened.
- Choose Delete after selecting each file and folder on the DriveFS folder.
That’s it! On a Windows computer, follow these steps to delete the Google Drive cache. Restart your Windows computer immediately after removing the cache files.
How to Clear Google Drive Cache on Mac?
Even though Google Drive for Mac is better optimised than Google Drive for Windows, you could still run into certain issues. On a Mac, follow these steps to delete the Google Drive cache.
- Start your Mac’s Finder application first.
- To reveal hidden files when the Finder launches, simultaneously press Command, Shift, and Period.
- Go to the /Library/Application Support/Google/DriveFS directory now.
- Select every file and folder and then click “Delete.”
That’s it! Clearing the Google Drive Cache on a Mac can be done in this manner. Restarting your Mac after making the modifications is a must.
How to Clear Google Drive Cache on Android?
On Android, you can quickly delete the Google Drive cache just like on Windows and Mac. Performance issues & the issue with new content not uploading on Android can be fixed by clearing the Google Drive Cache. On Android, follow these steps to delete the Google Drive cache.
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device to begin going.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the Google Drive app as it launches.
- Click Settings from the Google Drive menu.
- Go to the Documents cache area now by scrolling down.
- To get rid of all cached pages, tap the Clear Cache button.
- Tap the OK button on the Clear Cache confirmation box.
It is done now! On an Android smartphone, clearing the Google Drive cache is as simple as that.
How to Clear Google Drive Cache on iPhone?
There is no cache-clearing option available on the Google Drive iPhone. You don’t receive an iPhone built-in feature to erase the app cache.
Therefore, reinstalling the app is your best option if you want to remove the Google Drive Cache from your iPhone. Simply remove the programme from your iPhone and download the most recent version from the Apple programme Store to install it again.
Install it and use your Google Account to log in. All of your Google Drive issues on your iPhone should now be resolved.
You just need to know how to remove it. Clearing the Google Drive Cache on Desktop & Mobile is really simple. You may remove Google Drive Cache on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone using the instructions we’ve provided. If you require additional assistance erasing the Google Drive Cache, please let us know.
Read Also: 5 Best Icon Generator Apps For Android 2023